Membership at the Melbourne Chess Club comes with extensive benefits:
Free entry to:
· the club premises for social chess every day of the year (see facilities)
· Novice Night, every Wednesday
· Endgame Group, every Tuesday
· Advanced Lectures, selected Sundays
· $5 discount off Allegro, every Saturday
· $10 discount off Standard Tournaments during the year (see calendar)
· discount on books in the MCC bookshop
· discounts from our sponsors
· discounts on coaching
· win a Grand Prix prize (2014)
· take part in the prestigious MCC club championship
· represent the club in teams competitions
· vote at the AGM and enjoy other privileges of membership
· be officially recognised as part of the MCC community
- In person: Saturday afternoon between 2-6 is a good time to visit the club. The weekly "allegro" tournament is on and a committee member will probably be there to help you out. Monday evening is another good possibility.
- Online: You can pay for your membership by direct transfer. If you do so, you must send us an email stating the time, date and amount paid. Our account details are:
Bendigo Bank, Carlton
Branch BSB: 633 000
Acc. No. 132887126
Account Name: Melbourne Chess Club Inc.
If you pay online, please also ensure you fill out our "application for membership" form, available at the club or printable here. You can hand it to a committee member at the club.
For any inquiries contact our friendly Club President Grant Szuveges on 0401-925-075 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The MCC is run entirely by member volunteers: all money paid to the club goes back into events (prize-money) and the club facilities.
Players of all strengths have the chance to win prize-money thanks to "rating categories" (Open, A, B and C group prizes for example).
It is expected that members lend a hand in operating our volunteer run organisation, and that we abide by the MCC code of conduct. The Melbourne Chess Club has a non-discrimination policy, and we expect our members to contribute to a friendly, encouraging atmosphere in which we can all enjoy chess.